Fort Wayne Astronomical society is a non-profit organization incorporated in 1959. We support amateur observing and public education in Astronomy and related sciences.
What we do
For the public
- Free, open-to the public meetings every third Tuesday of the month
- Public stargazing on clear Saturdays, April-November.
- Educate the public about astronomical events
- Volunteer with schools and groups
- Private star parties for schools, scouts, or other groups (of 10 or more)
- Special members-only stargazing nights and events
- Access to the observatory and telescope training
- The "MOO" group is a group of local astrophotographers that share tips and tricks and challenge each other to capture objects visible in our local night sky.
The Eyepiece newsletter
"The Eyepiece" is a monthly newsletter published by the Fort Wayne Astronomical Society to keep members and the community informed of upcoming events, meetings, field trips and interesting facts on Astronomy. Check out the latest issue to see what we're up to this month: